It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: FSMR is being rebooted
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:48 pm 

-----------UPDATE------------
FSMR reboot is official!

Hi everyone, Kenji here. It's been a while since I've been active here, but I thought I'd post an update in regards to FSMR.

After playing AM2R and working on my own Metroidvania game, I have inspiration to work on FSMR again! ^^ however, I lack programming skills and am currently trying to build a small team. FSMR has never just been a fan game I made on my own, in fact I didn't even start it. I'm more of a co-founder of sorts, though the original person that conceptualized the idea isn't active in the Metroid community anymore as far as I'm aware.
Currently I have all the assets that were made so far ready to be implemented, and some rooms already done in GM though I imagine most of them will be redone entirely save for some things like Ceres' rooms. I've also learned a few new things working on my other game that will help bring FSMR more to life if we can get it rebooted.

I hope to bring some new content here soon. In the meantime, here was the last official update to FSMR for those who may not have seen it:

https://youtu.be/9KGGZN6lTng

Until next time,
Kenji

Last edited by kenji imatake on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FSMR reboot (possibly)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:52 am 

Heroes never die :D

I remember seeing this project on fan mission (though I discovered the site after it's archival-state). It looked promising and wondered what happened to it.

Best of luck with it this time around!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:24 am 

So uh, will there be super metroid physics? I really don't like the idea of zm physics in Super. Super physics work really well for the way the game is. But that's whoever is making it choice.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:01 am 

To be honest, all I really want from a "Super Metroid Remake" is a better control scheme that lets me use more buttons more efficiently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm 

Dragonheart91 wrote:
To be honest, all I really want from a "Super Metroid Remake" is a better control scheme that lets me use more buttons more efficiently.

It has been done, actually. Though it's not a "remake" per se.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:10 pm 

If you remake Super please use ZM physics. I love Super, I really do, but I just can't stand its floaty physics, especially since Zebes is supposed to have much more intense gravity than Earth. Zero Mission did a great job of demonstrating this, so I'd love for a remake to do the same since they're both supposed to be on the same planet.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:16 pm 

Floaty physics of SM doesn't actually make sense. Lower gravity should make Samus jump higher. Meantime, she jumps on similar height, but ascends and descends slower. That's not how gravity works. It's like moving in water, but with less density.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm 

Well, if you need a programmer... I might be able to help.
I've been familiarizing myself with the code in GM:S these past few year with platformers and am getting the hang of them.

That is if you even want me to assist you at all

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:20 am 

Back from the dead, I can see the possibilty of the project seeing the light of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:32 am 

A Super Metroid remake, and I've been playing a lot of Super Metroid lately. I'm interested.