It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Join forces metroid fans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:43 am 

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop ... g-its-fans

Sign the above petition if your not going to stand by and let Nintendo get away with shutting down AM2R. I for one will not give up on AM2R, Nintendo can't be allowed to get away with it.

Post subject: Re: Join forces metroid fans
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:41 am 

Petitions do nothing, you should simply just not purchase nintendo products. They haven't made a decent game since Dark Moon, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:32 am 

Doopliss wrote:
Petitions do nothing, you should simply just not purchase nintendo products. They haven't made a decent game since Dark Moon, anyway.

This. Petitions are pretty much useless so don't bother. You can send a much stronger message to Nintendo by not buying Federation Force or Metroid II on the eShop, beyond that AM2R's popularity alone has already done enough to drive home the point that Nintendo isn't headed in the right direction with the series. The ball's in their court now, if they want Metroid to still sell they have to respond to what Doc's done with the game in some way. If it's not going to be through a deal to put AM2R on the eShop they're going to have to make their own Metroid game of similar quality.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:00 pm 

Except that if people don't buy their games, they'll continue to believe that there's no interest in the franchise. We're in a difficult position.

Federation Force is not a bad game per se, but it's not the Metroid game we wanted. How can we let them know what we think without hurting the franchise even more?

Last edited by DarioEMeloD on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 pm 

Here's my solution: go to Nintendo office, find the person responsible for this, kick him in the face and say: "That's for Metroid!".

Confirmed, 100% working.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:01 pm 

KoBeWi wrote:
Here's my solution: go to Nintendo office, find the person responsible for this, kick him in the face and say: "That's for Metroid!".

Confirmed, 100% working.

Maybe at getting someone thrown in jail for assault and battery charges. Oh and creating a negative and extremist stigma for the community. Neither of which are good things.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:42 pm 

Really, there's no reason to get up in arms. Nintendo's in their rights. Sad, but true. Yes, there's a case to be made to fight for fair use and deriative works. No, it's probably not worth it in Doc's perspective.

We have the game. It's complete. Go play it, continue to share it. No more patches is sad, but it doesn't mean that what we have is suddenly gone. AM2R is here. It's a fantastic, COMPLETED game, it's in the wild. It released, it's nothing but a success story, to EVERYONE involved.

So just, put down the pitchforks, guys. There's nothing to fight for. We already WON.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:29 pm 

Nintendo has already stated they don't listen to petitions, also boycotting Metroid II on the eShop won't help either.

General_Milky wrote:
Really, there's no reason to get up in arms. Nintendo's in their rights. Sad, but true. Yes, there's a case to be made to fight for fair use and deriative works. No, it's probably not worth it in Doc's perspective.

We have the game. It's complete. Go play it, continue to share it. No more patches is sad, but it doesn't mean that what we have is suddenly gone. AM2R is here. It's a fantastic, COMPLETED game, it's in the wild. It released, it's nothing but a success story, to EVERYONE involved.

So just, put down the pitchforks, guys. There's nothing to fight for. We already WON.

And Milky here is right. The game was infringing and Nintendo's actually been really nice about it to not send a C&D or DMCA when AM2R was in development. I remember years ago, there was a Zelda fan game being built (I was on the forums of such), and the creator got a C&D when he was barely in the starting stages. He was still building the engine and a lot of his screenshots were mock-ups.

Though, Milky, where did Doc say there would be no more updates? I'm sure I heard there was an update coming soon with a buffed Serris and bug fixes?

Edit: Just saw Doc's Tweet. That's very sad. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:35 pm 

Milky, say all that you want, but Nintendo abused us fans for long enough. I say that I will keep my pitchfork up this time.

To me, this is a war. Nintendo declared it against us, and now I'm up for fighting it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:45 pm 

Even if they won't listen to us, they maybe will realize something...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next