It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:21 pm

All times are UTC



Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 am
Posts: 13
Feel free to post your thoughts on your experience with AM2R

So far I'm loving it, everything the Gaming Brit on Youtube said was spot on. It's easily a candidate for he best Metroid sidescroller yet.

Edit: My thoughts were uninformed so I've removed them.


Last edited by Chozo Warrior on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 243
Every attack by the Ancient Guardian is avoidable. Stay directly under its head, dodge the blue laser by moving to the side, the yellow fireballs by staying in the middle, and the green and red fireball attacks by turning into the Morph Ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 am
Posts: 13
Master_Hill_ wrote:
green and red fireball attacks by turning into the Morph Ball.


It's the green, and I tried that. There's still a 50% chance it will hit you because it's faster than your reaction time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:05 pm
Posts: 243
Chozo Warrior wrote:
There's still a 50% chance it will hit you because it's faster than your reaction time.


The Guardian gives you about 3 seconds of warning before it actually launches each attack, with its eyes flashing the color of the attack. As soon as you see the eyes flash green, morph. If your reaction time is slower than 3 seconds, you may want to consider starting on an easier title - AM2R is without a doubt not a forgiving game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:03 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Poland
Chozo Warrior wrote:
There's still a 50% chance it will hit me because it's faster than my reaction time.

Fixed that for you.

_________________
AM2R Alternate Soundtrack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Personal Playthrough Thoughts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:05 am
Posts: 13
KobeWi, you could actually contribute something meaningful to the thread rather than being rude and insulting me, especially since what you say is wrong.

Master_Hill_ wrote:
Chozo Warrior wrote:
There's still a 50% chance it will hit you because it's faster than your reaction time.


The Guardian gives you about 3 seconds of warning before it actually launches each attack, with its eyes flashing the color of the attack. As soon as you see the eyes flash green, morph. If your reaction time is slower than 3 seconds, you may want to consider starting on an easier title - AM2R is without a doubt not a forgiving game.


Didn't notice the color of the eyes. So my reaction time was actually under a second because I was looking at the attack itself, not the eyes.

Thanks for the information, I'll delete most of the first post.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Donate Now
Donate Now


© 2008 phpbbstylists.com

Hosted by © 2017 FreeForums.org | Create a free forum | Powered by phpBB
About FreeForums | Legal | Advertise Here | Investors | Contact FreeForums.org
Report Violation
suspicion-preferred