It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: AM2R
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 pm 

Hi, im new over here, i have already downloaded the game a few monts before, so, i got the version 1.1 and i wish to download another one or a newer one with updates, and fixes some bugs or stuff like that, im already studying in the university, i am from Mexico and i wish to do the same job like the game, i hope some day to be a good programmer and a developer. :) I hope you guys can help me. "And remember, never be a bad person with other person, because you don't know his history or his past." :geek: :D

Post subject: Re: AM2R
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:12 pm 

Um, are you talking about AM2R or Confrontation? If AM2R, there is no official 1.2 or anything. If Confrontation, well I assume you just posted in the wrong board.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:53 pm 

I don't see any evidence that he's talking about Confrontation in his post at all :?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 pm 

Ragnaros wrote:
Hi, im new over here, i have already downloaded the game a few monts before, so, i got the version 1.1 and i wish to download another one or a newer one with updates, and fixes some bugs or stuff like that, im already studying in the university, i am from Mexico and i wish to do the same job like the game, i hope some day to be a good programmer and a developer. :) I hope you guys can help me. "And remember, never be a bad person with other person, because you don't know his history or his past." :geek: :D

There are no more official updates, because Nintendo sent a DMCA letter telling Doc (the developer of AM2R) to shut down the project. They even took down the download link (though, you can use Google to find a download very easily). If Doc were to take up the project again, he would be subject to the authority of Nintendo's lawyers, but he doesn't want that because he has a family and he wants to move on.

Some people have managed to decompile AM2R's source code, which theoretically gives anyone the potential to launch an unofficial update, but this has yet to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:53 pm 

I've seen multiple "unofficial v1.2" updates get posted by people using the decompiled code from unknown. Not sure if I would recommend any of them yet as each person puts their own spin on it. That might be what he is talking about though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:11 am 

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I've seen multiple "unofficial v1.2" updates get posted by people using the decompiled code from unknown. Not sure if I would recommend any of them yet as each person puts their own spin on it.

Really? What kind of modifications can people do with the game?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 am 

Anything they are skilled enough to program? The most common changes I've seen are fixing a couple of the remaining minor bugs and reducing the lava levels to allow the game to be explored in a more non-linear fashion. Doing much more than that takes almost as much work as making a game in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:14 am 

unknown didn't do the recompiled code, that was YellowAfterLife that did the reconstructed source code thing.