It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Unoffical mods?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:25 pm 

I may have a patch file for version 1.1 that would fix minor issues and add a New Game+ and Random Game+ game modes. Would this be on any interest?

Post subject: Re: Unoffical mods?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:12 pm 

While I assume many would be interested in this, how do you plan to distribute it? Uploading the entirety of AM2R here may be ill-advised, though I suppose you can take your chances with Nintendo (of course, there is a good chance that they turned their gaze away from this site after awhile).

There may be a way to make a patch file...? I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:49 pm 

I was able to create just a patch file that you would need to use a non-modified version 1.1 folder for it to work. Since all save files are held elsewhere you shouldn't have modified anything in that folder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:32 am 

Scooterboot9697 wrote:
While I assume many would be interested in this, how do you plan to distribute it? Uploading the entirety of AM2R here may be ill-advised, though I suppose you can take your chances with Nintendo (of course, there is a good chance that they turned their gaze away from this site after awhile).

There may be a way to make a patch file...? I don't know.

There are already several download links to AM2R in full on these forums. Nintendo stopped paying attention the moment they issued the DMCA. So even if he sent out a full download of his modified version, it wouldn't draw any unwanted attention.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 am 

gatordile wrote:
I may have a patch file for version 1.1 that would fix minor issues and add a New Game+ and Random Game+ game modes. Would this be on any interest?

Care to elaborate on what those game modes are? The Random Game sounds interesting, but I would like to know what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 pm 

omegastuff wrote:
Care to elaborate on what those game modes are?
New Game+ = the lava is not blocking anything (maybe Omega Nest only?). Random Game+ = like New Game+, but items/power-ups are randomized.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm 

Most powerups are randomized. Missiles, Super Missiles, power bombs and e-tanks are not. Lava level is drained through area 5(water area). 38 metroids in local area to start.