It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 am

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to am2r

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Post subject: Metroid: samus return 3ds (ENG/ESP)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:17 pm 

You guys are you seeing this? , They are somewhat remaking Metroid 2 for the 3DS (live on twitch) Are they going to fix the error for canceling this project or what?

Post subject: Re: Metroid: samus return 3ds (ENG/ESP)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:39 pm 

No... this is Nintendo version of Metroid 2.
This practically explains why Nintendo did a DMCA on AM2R.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:46 pm 

Jetuone wrote:

I don't get it, why remake Metroid 2? it should have been remade in i don't know 2014 or 2015 but why so late? AND after they cancelled this project.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:23 pm 

Better late than never. I'll be having to check it out. Honestly it's going to be fun using AM2R as a benchmark to see how fun it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:38 pm 

Mugen wrote:
Jetuone wrote:

I don't get it, why remake Metroid 2? it should have been remade in i don't know 2014 or 2015 but why so late? AND after they cancelled this project.

This game started development around 2015 (Highly probable), they were dealing first with Federation Force before this, and better late than never, and it was a great surprise they revealed this game, this proves that Nintendo is listening to our pleas for more Metroid games (I mean... 2 Metroids revealed in 1 day)

It's sad that Nintendo did DMCA on AM2R because this new remake was on the making during AM2R release, but be glad that you can now play 2 DIFFERENT remakes, from the Fans point of view, and Nintendo point of view.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:39 pm 

Guess that explains them throwing down the copyright hammer.
What's funny is that from the looks of it, AM2R is a way better remake.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 pm 

Anyone else find it hilarious how similar the Queen's cry in their trailer was to the one in AM2R?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:54 pm 

I feel bad for the guys who put so much effort into AM2R just to have this drop out of the air. Dun get me wrong, I guess I'll still look at Samus Returns, but something tells me I'm going to play them both for a long time. (probably AM2R longer)
Wonder how Doc feels. If Nintendo was going to axe it, no idea why it took so long to do it; they could've done it after the first playable Demo. Were they truly unaware of it until release?

Also, SamusReturns will never have the Distribution Center. :3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:45 pm 

TalynWuff wrote:
If Nintendo was going to axe it, no idea why it took so long to do it; they could've done it after the first playable Demo. Were they truly unaware of it until release?

Maybe Nintendo didn't had plans for a Metroid 2 remake for a long time until some years ago, and by the time that AM2R released, Nintendo gave AM2R some time to spread through the internet until they took legal action and do the DMCA (At least that's what a lot of people say)... Or really Nintendo wasn't aware of it until all social media started talking about it.

Another reason why they didn't took it down is because Metroid itself isn't a mayor brand like Mario and Zelda, as they get a new game every year or 6 months (And because it makes more money) and Metroid is every 4 or more years. Some popular fan remakes like Super Mario 64 HD and Twilight Princess HD were taken down immediately because they are using some of the mayor Nintendo brands. You can also add that AM2R is a non-profit game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:45 pm 

I think I'm most excited to discuss the various game design choices of both games, compare and contrast, once Metroid II: Return of Samus releases on the 3ds.